Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton boiler help ( pressure ) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon all,

Recently bought a new house and after a few weeks our heating stopped working. Had a look around online here and spoken to a few people and running around in circles.

For my heating to work and stay on I have to open up the heating return valve, however, by doing this my boiler pressure keeps going up and up until I switch it off. Then once it’s off the pressure over an hour or so drops back down and my boiler switches itself off again.

I have a Potterton Combi gold HE. All help is welcomed. Thanks

70C9DB66-C63B-4E4E-B489-91967D44459B.jpeg

Have you found where the water is going ? leak on system or going to the outside from the safety discharge pipe, may just be a faulty PRV need to call someone in as it will involve removing the boiler case

Nothing is coming out of the discharge pipe nor can I find the leak even under the floor boards downstairs

What's the pressure standing at when cold and then when it's hot

At the bottom of 1 and will sit there and hot water is fine. When the heating return valve is switched on it will sit at top end of 2 the start to slowly rise

That's normal shouldn't go past 2.5 bar

When cold does the pressure rise ? With the valve open

The two valves are shut In the pic ?

(Black wheel head ones)

So to confirm the pressure rises with them two wheel round valves shut?

I have 0 idea what they do, where hey are located makes no sense. I thought they were a integral filling loop but im not sure

I have 0 idea what they do, where hey are located makes no sense. I thought they were a integral filling loop but im not sure

Correct they are the filling loop

It might be passing how diy are you / how old is the boiler do you know ?

Have you got the manufacturers instructions

Try topping up to normal pressure then disconnect the small link between the two small round head taps, (little bit of copper pipe showing) and see what happens to pressure then, + you will know if the filling link is letting by, if ok then you have a bigger problem

You should have a set as it has the benchmark and is required for the warrenty

But do as jts says to rule out the filling loop totally

The small link every now and then has a drip. ( when playing with them... ) unsure about the instructions, I reckon I could find them though. What would I need from them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton boiler help ( pressure ) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock