Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Kingfisher Mf RSL100 replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan-HybridHeat

Gas Engineer
Hi all

I have a customer wanting her Potterton Kingfisher replaced with a floor standing Worcester CDI regular - pretty much like for like. The whole system is very old but she doesn't want to spend any money on it apart from changing the boiler hence the straight swap.

The only minor issue I have is that the current Potterton has a pumped flow, pumped return and a gravity return going in to it and the CDI obviously only has one flow and one return tapping. Am I able to link the gravity return straight in to the pumped return and the system work as it has been or will I need to upgrade other parts of the system to make it suit the new boiler?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

your going to have to make it a pumped system

link all the returns in the correct order together (3 t rule)
link all the flows together and install new port valves
etc

Reply to Potterton Kingfisher Mf RSL100 replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
Hi all I've got a customer with a kingfisher in a downstairs cupboard with gravity hot water and pumped heating. The cylinder has the vent on the flow to cylinder and cold feed on the return. I plan on installing an 18ri with an s plan kit and wireless cylinder stat. My question is if I pump...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a Nest controller. I’m familiar with the old gravity and pumped hot water systems and the new direct systems but not with sealed systems. Recently...
Replies
Views
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to connect to the heating system, So while the wood burning on during winter months it will stop the heat pump for working hard Or not all all . My...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need to replace a radiator in the kitchen, the 10mm copper has split so using this opertunaty to replace it with a towel one and also need to remove both valves and make the pipes shorter. Its a gravity fed system and the last radiator in the system , I have a bung kit, i know i can...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock