Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton netaheat electronic 10/16 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
how can you tell that they are positive pressure fans? I know negative fans are located after the combustion chamber and positive are before the chamber. But on these balanced flues I can't find it on the instruction manual. Any advice how to identify its a positive fan?

Look at the 'General Arrangement' diagram in the installation manual and it's obvious.

The case seals on these boilers are safety critical. Don't touch unless you are Gas Safe Registered and I doubt you'd have to ask this if you are.

Best to leave alone if your not gas safe.
If you are gas safe, leave alone, as it's got asbestos!

Look at the 'General Arrangement' diagram in the installation manual and it's obvious.

The case seals on these boilers are safety critical. Don't touch unless you are Gas Safe Registered and I doubt you'd have to ask this if you are.

Best to leave alone if your not gas safe.
If you are gas safe, leave alone, as it's got asbestos!

hes training mate

might be best to put this in the plumbers arms inverness

Last edited:
Thanks Shaun. I'm only training from instruction manuals.

I respect al you guys who have your gas ticket. There's so much to learn and remember especially if your not doing it day to day.

if it doesnt let me know pm me your email address if i havent already got it

Mechanical draft boilers include: Forced Draft, where air is forced into the combustion chamber by a fan or blower to maintain a positive pressure; and Induced Draft, where air is drawn through the combustion chamber by a fan or blower to maintain a negative pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton netaheat electronic 10/16 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock