Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Titanium 33 boiler problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I hope you can help. I have a Potterton Titanium 33 combination boiler. I have had it for just over 4 years. It has just started to make a flushing and cracking sound when using the hot water tap. The central heating is currently turned off and the flow and return valve closed from the boiler. When using the hot water, the boiler kicks on burner and the temperature is okay for about 30 seconds before the flush sound and crack sound commences. The temperature then starts going up very fast into the 90s, with the burner turning on and off frequently to control the temperature I guess. I've set the temp at 40, but the water gets boiling hot.

Can you help identify what the problem is please, so I know what to expect.

I have repressurised the system but the problem still exists

Many thanks,
K

Sound like a blockage somewhere to me Khalid. Best to get a gas safe registered engineer in to have a look.

Thanks Harvest. Any idea what he should be looking at? And what will the cost be?
He will know where to look. And his call out fee will depend on where you are in the country. Unfortunately I cannot give anymore information then that, as you are not Gas Safe Registered. Sorry

Why has the flow and return out of the boiler been turned off ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Titanium 33 boiler problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock