Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, wondering if anyone has had this issue before;

i have just just put an external expansion vessel onto a main combi 30he as the old one had perished. However after about a day the pressure is dissing again above three bar. The filling loop is not passing. My only other thought is there is a perforation in the plate to plate heat ex which is passing water through to the boiler. To make it more awkward I can't isolate the hot water to test this due to the age of the customers. Before I replace the plate to plate, I was wondering if anyone had this issue before.
many thanks

Fella you need to read the forum rules as we will not give any advice relating to the internals of boilers to those who have not proven their Gas Safe credentials. Regarding the external expansion vessel what pressure did you set that to

Yes system was cold, I then ran the system up to temperature and it cut off before it got to 2 bar after I had finished the work. However, a day later **** getting over 3 bar again. There must be a small leak into the system but not through the filling loop. Was wondering if anyone had the plate to ate passing before.

Was it cold or depressurised is what I'm saying. Do as per the link mate say a few hellos comment on a couple of threads then just send your gas safe details to one of the moderators and we will be able to discuss in more depth

Will do at some point when I have time. Expansion vessel is pressurised at 1 bar when the system was empty. So it was cold. Thanks for your help but the problems not with the new expansion vessel. There is water passing into the system somewhere.

That's fine buddy I only ask because I know these things sometimes get missed when we rush at this time of year. I'm afraid that nobody will offer any advice regarding your theory until you are part of our gas safe only forum. I am sure you can appreciate it from a safety perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock