Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Pressure release valve leaking in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Benjamin Watkins

Benjamin Watkins New Member

Hello
    We have recently bought a house and the towl rail in the bathroom was not drilled to the wall so i took it off and drilled it to wall and put the rail back all sound!!
    But since then iv had problems the boiler pressure is showing at 0 but everything is working fine hot water and radiators and the safety discharge pipe (pressure release valve ??????)is leaking a good cup full when the radiators are coming on!! Im assuming that this is doing its job?? Also radiators are getting extremely hot!!! The boiler was working absolutely fine until i dis the towel rail...any help plz??

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

did you refill the system eg re pressurised

3. Benjamin Watkins

Hello yes i did but it keeps dropping but the hot water and heating still working when they are on it shows 2 bar

4. Benjamin Watkins

I thought about draining the system may this help?

5. kris

kris Trusted Plumber GSR

When the heatings on does the needle on the gauge rise quickly or quite slow and also has the needle risen up to 3 bar while the boilers on or only up to 2.

6. Benjamin Watkins

Hello kris it’s different all the time its just under 1 bar now

7. kris

kris Trusted Plumber GSR

If you fitted the towel rail and put too much pressure into boiler it may have opened your safety valve , or you may just be unlucky mate..

8. Benjamin Watkins

9. Benjamin Watkins

Iv put a picture on its almost full again

10. kris

kris Trusted Plumber GSR

I mean the prv may need to be replaced by an engineer as sometimes once they start passing you'll always be topping the boiler up. The prv is set to open when boiler reaches 3bar hence why I was asking if too much water had maybe been put in it Benjamin when it was topped up.

11. kris

kris Trusted Plumber GSR

Pressure relief should be terminated outside Benjamin. Where's the water coming from ? You sure u don't have a leak

12. Benjamin Watkins

Iv had chase of and it look it is where it comes from

image.jpg

13. kris

kris Trusted Plumber GSR

I mean that pipe should be terminated outside or wet floors unfortunately, Is it constantly dripping ? Think you may need an engineer visit Benjamin if it's inside boiler and passing ,

14. Benjamin Watkins

No only drips when boiler kicks in

15. AMGasServices

AMGasServices GSR

Could be an expansion issue. Or restriction to the expansion vessel.

Please get a local gas engineer sort it mate.