Search the forum,

Discuss price Increase in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Any of you lot doing price increases on any of your rates this year??

Probably mate yes. I feel I need to earn more

I keep prices the same just start charging for extra bits I used to do for free i.e taking away the rubbish

I am attempting to only do work for people who pay well and reasonably promptly.
At least that is for the majority of work.

No price increase but going to try a different approach for boiler quotes
Just quote the minimum then offer filter, flush, shock arrest & controls etc etc as an extra instead of a high price including everything to meet MIs
Seem to be losing out on too many

Just quote the minimum then offer filter, flush, shock arrest & controls etc etc as an extra instead of a high price including everything to meet MIs

Funny enough thats a route i am thinking about when it comes to boiler quotes

A BG style quote with a compliance pack
lime fighter
Shock arrestor
Magnetic filter

If they decline and warranty is not valid its up to them

I Usually do the full package and boiler changes can come out quite expensive ,
all it takes is some muppet to price against me with half those bits missing and hey presto lost the job.

Also starting to have a preference now for fitting worcesters as they guarantee the others offer warranties,
Warranty they can walk away from .

Offer the "Extras" as "Options". Makes the customer feel in charge an demonstrates you are not wanting to cut corners.

I'm going to start offering cheaper option boilers with increased margin. I'm sure people just see the bottom line.
All controls are extra options, if they don't want them so be it. But I will still insist on fitting Magna cleans, I don't need want the manufacturers slating me for sludge.

I'm going to start offering cheaper option boilers with increased margin. I'm sure people just see the bottom line.
All controls are extra options, if they don't want them so be it. But I will still insist on fitting Magna cleans, I don't need want the manufacturers slating me for sludge.

Do you also fit a lime fighter and shock arrestor as standard?

Do you also fit a lime fighter and shock arrestor as standard?

Never needed either of those. hex,s are stainless steel, so nothing sticks to them. Never had one block in the domestic side.
Never needed a shock arrestor either.

Never needed either of those. hex,s are stainless steel, so nothing sticks to them. Never had one block in the domestic side.
Never needed a shock arrestor either.
Vaillant?
Worth checking the Manufacturers instructions, I think most state thats its required now.

same here increase profit margins. And split the customers from tights arses and quality customers and quote accordingly

Ideal instinct for me sold by james hargreaves
Basically an logic with a differant fascia on front. I pay £510.00 plus vat inc filter and chemicals. I save the filter for better paying jobs.
I can get a vokera excell for about £450.00 inc vat but they are pants boilers

This

I like the Ideal independant just not sure about Ideal at the moment

I like the Ideal independant just not sure about Ideal at the moment
Ive know people slating ideal at moment.
but ive never had any issues regards warranty calls.
I think the issue is, if you dont register through the installer connect website you dont get the same level of service compared to getting custard to register it themselves plus you lose the money/points

I have called them out twice, both times fixed without a problem but it took too long for them to come both times.
On a boiler under 12months 3/4 days wait isnt good enough

I have called them out twice, both times fixed without a problem but it took too long for them to come both times.
On a boiler under 12months 3/4 days wait isnt good enough
if they do i always speak to rep and it gets sorted.
Its no different to us being stacked out and not being able to get there.
someone moans more and they getpriority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to price Increase in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock