Search the forum,

Discuss pricing costs / labor time to replace flexible coupling in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

V

very tired

Good morning, I thought I would try here first before going elsewhere. in short I had a septic system flexible coupling needing replacing. Backed up waste water.
It was less than a meter down and took plumbers less than 1/2 to diagnose
I was charged $1560 originally
Spoke to plumber to contest as was exorbitantly which my usual awesome plumber said would have taken an hour or so to replace.
Plumber brought down price to $860
I paid $1000 out of goodwill and to just be done with it.
A month later get another email asking for another $180
Am I being scammed please?
To be honest the $860 still sounded excessive, however I just wanted to be over and done with it and not go back to that one, but even after giving them almost $200 more they are now asking for another $180 a month later?
I'm not sure whether to go to fair trading or so he ACCC for scams?
How long should it usually take to dig less than a meter down and replace a flexible coupling?
and how much is it reasonable to charge per hour before becoming extortion?
thank you for your time

Weren't you quoted first and why didn’t your normal plumber do it ?

Fair trading won't do anything.

Just ignore the extra invoice.

I hope you have emails or the like that can prove they dropped their price to $860.00.

Was it a franchise type company that did the work for you?

Reply to pricing costs / labor time to replace flexible coupling in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello there! I hope your weekend has started well. TL/DR: Should I replace 90-degree bend with a smaller type to increase the fall from the shower tray? I am replacing a bathtub with a 1500 X 800 Sonas shower tray which I will place on 4-inch blocks, probably with some 18mm marine ply on top...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all. Apologies if this is not the right forum to post my question. I recently purchased a house which had water leaking from the shower tray into the room below. It wasn't too bad but I could see the water marks in the ceiling. Since I'm not from the area, I got a few plumber recommendations...
Replies
Views
Hi, Need some advice about a soil pipe in 1966ish built ex-mod property. We have suspected but not be able to prove that since some heavy vibration from Pilling for a school across the road was done that our soil pipe has cracked, we are 99% sure it's cast iron from what neighbours have said...
Replies
Views
I wanted to start a new more dedicated thread as I am on about 3 just now in one way or another trying to get up to speed with my problem. The issue is that my Gledhill Stainless Lite indirect unvented cylinder makes loud noises when heating - this is a bit random, but that noise is loud enough...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock