Search the forum,

Discuss pricing up for little job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
14 turns and paste, funny but I never use 13 turns :)

Wow a 10 page thread about thread tape on a compression fitting, dunno what's worse this thread or me reading all of it, LOL, a simple answer to all is, each to their own. Can I start a thread, What do you put on your radiator tails?? PTFE, PTFE & Paste?? How many wraps of PTFE??

yes you can start a thread. just dont wrap tape round it....

12 turns of PTFE on rad tails

U wont go back to anything else keefy! That stuff is gold dust! Ive even used it a few times on traps that havent sealed and wouldnt seal dry for some reason (not McAlpine traps)
Isn't that oil based that paste?

I know this topic title doesn't have it but there are only 16 threads (no pun intended) with 'PTFE' in the title here on the forums, was expecting hundreds. Probably thousands in the GSR private forum.

I know this topic title doesn't have it but there are only 16 threads (no pun intended) with 'PTFE' in the title here on the forums, was expecting hundreds. Probably thousands in the GSR private forum.

Croppie has shut down thousands of those threads in the last few months!

Pegler_Yorkshire_Jointing_Half-hard_Copper_Tube.jpg
^ From Pegler Yorkshire

went and done it today all done no paste tho:6:
But its beer money for the evening :8:

OMG supperplumb do you have shares with a wellknown PTFE manufacturer? whats wrong with some jetblue on the inside of the fitting then inserting into gap and nipping up the nuts?

overkill on PTFE and you only use 10-12 turns on rad tails!

tbh its fortunate its in the loft as i wont be able to see this from my front room if i was the custard.

you can learn a lesson from this i hope!

wow first time ive seen this thread and pics, jeez!

Just out if interest whilst the op is now well versed on the pros and cons of paste and ptfe, did he get an answer to his original question, if so I think it's been lost somewhere ;-)

dont forget to sit in the loft for 40 mins tapping on a pipe every few minutes

A wrap a minute?

One wrap...

Two wrap...

Three wrap...

............................. another roll...

If my maths is right, college courses should be touching on correct jointing methods by now for the first years.

So my question to SupperPlumb, do you now look back at that picture and cringe, just a little? :teeth_smile:

Be honest...

Don't mind me while I reply to a few of the threads. We need the new thread pages to be picked up correctly. If this thread isn't current, just visit the plumbing forum and post your own new thread or checkout the other existing threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pricing up for little job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock