Search the forum,

Discuss problem glowworm essential 24c in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gary80gas

Gas Engineer
Just looked at glowwworm essential 24c combi. Only 14months old and out of warranty.
Hot water will only run luke warm.
Temp coming from heat exchanger only reaches about 45c in hot water mode.
Super red hot in heating mode no problems there.
Checked thermistors which control both heating and hot water and all ok.
Went through diagostics with glowworm tech and got the usual change the pcb answer. Any of you got suggestions what else it could be? Thanks.

What's the lpm out of the hot water tap / does it get hot when you only open it half way etc ?

Temp is constant 35 deg luke warm what ever the flow high or low no matter how long you run it. Something is stopping the boiler from ramping up the power enough to raise the temp. Switch to heating and the same primary sensors allow the temp to top 65 deg.

So there's no hot water temp sensor ?

There is no hot water sensor, just primary flow and return sensors, I checked them and there in range hot and cold. If the boiler easily reaches 65 deg in heating what parameters do you check for only reaching 35 deg in hot water mode? The gas valve opens the pump and fan runs but the temperature is limited and remains constant at 35 deg. Apart from pcb, which I always hesitate to change because i've been directed to change pcb's by tech lines and its been something else.

Told customer to call in vaillant to check boiler as not happy changing board. Took there engineer 5 mins to reset in system codes. Very frustrating, I went through codes with vaillant tech on phone. Everytime it didn't work, under vaillant techs instruction we checked it had saved code changes, what don't they tell us, should be simpler.

Told customer to call in vaillant to check boiler as not happy changing board. Took there engineer 5 mins to reset in system codes. Very frustrating, I went through codes with vaillant tech on phone. Everytime it didn't work, under vaillant techs instruction we checked it had saved code changes, what don't they tell us, should be simpler.
No idea mate. But I have had it a couple of time after a power cut or surge. First thing I do is parameters. I did have one I couldn’t change so changed the board and it worked. Customer was happy. You 100% certain he didn’t change the board?

Reply to problem glowworm essential 24c in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock