Search the forum,

Discuss problem with connecting valve to radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have problem - picture attached.
I have removed old radiator and installed new one. Dimensions are the same, but the new radiators got different type of valves connection. As you can see on the pic, pipe and valve are off by like 5cm. I can't move radiator, because the other side fits ok.
If i could connect valve directly to the radiator, without that "insert", that should be fine. I'm afraid that it will start leaking a lot, since thread on the valve is much shorter than the one on the "insert". I would really want to avoid cutting pipe...

Please help, any ideas?

valve.jpg

Hopefully you are on a timber floor , pull up the carpet and floorboard and see if the pipe will move enough .
Do not force the pipe !!

pipe is solid tight. not moving at all.

If i could connect valve directly to the radiator, without that "insert", that should be fine - can i do this without risking water leak??

Shaun- that angle valve still got that extra insert which is too much for connection. and cutting pipe will not help as water pipe and valve are too far off each other (not in straight line) ;/

Looks like you have hung the radiator to the wall too low???
I can't see any real problem with that connection at all.
If you are keeping the radiator at that level, then check if pipe will gently move down in floor a little. If pipe won't move, then it needs cut to suit.
The radiator tail can be cut to allow the width distance from rad to valve smaller, if that is also a problem.
Looks to me plenty of distance for tail from rad to valve to give you space

pipe is solid tight. not moving at all.

If i could connect valve directly to the radiator, without that "insert", that should be fine - can i do this without risking water leak??

Shaun- that angle valve still got that extra insert which is too much for connection. and cutting pipe will not help as water pipe and valve are too far off each other (not in straight line) ;/

It will fit just the copper pipes needs to be cut in height

And no you can't just fit the valve into the rad

When you say "insert", - do you mean the threaded part that screws into radiator? It is called a rad valve tail and can be cut with a junior hacksaw if it has extra length beyond when it has valve with nut and olive onto it.
I don't see any snag at all

When installing a completely different new rad, the height of pipes have to be measured to find their ideal average level height without there being a strain on either one. Especially if any pipes are solid in the floor. A decent plumber would know that.
Rad has been installed too low and also rad tail probably needs trimmed for sideways connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to problem with connecting valve to radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock