Search the forum,

Discuss Problems draining old Worcester Bosch highflow 3.5 combi boiler with header tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. First post from a first time home owner, and very amateur DIY'er.

I've inherited an old Worcester Bosch highflow 3.5 combi boiler when i bought this house.

I'm needing to drain the system to give it a general clean, and to practice for fitting a new towel rail, and unblocking (or replacing) a section of 8mm micro bore to one of the rads, which isn't working properly.

The odd thing with this system is that it seems to have an expansion/header tank in the loft?

I've tried to drain it by turning off supply to the header tank, and opening the drain valve under the boiler - but nothing (not a drop) comes out.

It looks like the boiler is gravity fed, as I can't see any pressure gauges on the boiler itself.

Can anyone with any experience of these boilers point me in the right direction? Is there another valve I've forgotten about - or could it be an air lock or knackered drain valve?

Scuse the ignorance!

Cheers,

Nik

Open a rad air bleed screw / bleed the highest rad

Should drain then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problems draining old Worcester Bosch highflow 3.5 combi boiler with header tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock