Discuss Problems with hot water in a pressure system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
We recently had the pressure tank replaced in our system as the old one started leaking.

Since the replacement, I've seen two problems. The first is that there is a loud knock when the tap is turned on. I believe this is because there is air in the system?

Secondly, when the heating is on, the hot water doesn't seem to function efficently (or perhaps not at all). When the heating is turned off, the hot water seem to function normally. Any idea or reasons why this would happen? I'm pretty sure this never happened before the tank replacement and we could use both at the same time. I'm wondering if there is some issue as the plumber had to strip down all the components and piping around the tank to fit it.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm going to get the issue resolved by the plumber who replaced the tank but want to find out the issue in case the plumber tries to fob me off.
Thanks,
iq

Reply to Problems with hot water in a pressure system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back