Search the forum,

Discuss Protectaline alkathene pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys anyone experience using this brand? I'll be using it and since the fittings are only compatable with there own pipe. I'm not sure sure what fitting the Scottish water guys are going to make the connection as there universal saddle furrule will need to be a protectaline saddle and I'm not sure how there going to make the connection. any experience appreciated!

Totally new service from the mains ?

Yeah I'll be blanking off my old supply. And replacing a new supply pipe and re routing it.

Don't be too surprised if they use alk from there's to the meter / stop tap

I was thinking that. where my new pipe goes over a single track road the depth will be 750min but I was thinking could I put my pipe inside a soil pipe to add strength or will the barrier pipe on its own will be suitable at 750min?

If it goes under a path or road I always sleeve it

Road yes path down pipe / 2" waste pipe

2" waste pipe I go for that. Also when the pipe comes through the building what would you use to sleeve it?

4" swept soil bend

Your meant to use the protectaline fittings with the green insert you bang in with a hammer.

Plasson fittings wont fit as its slightly bigger OD, Philmac fittings do fit although like i said your meant to use the fittings that come with the green insert.

Thanks. I'm laying that pipe in the ground but the water authorities will be making the connection but I'm sure they will know how to fit this particular pipe and fittings. Do you know if a sharkbit universal fitting would fit this pipe?

No it won't

BSS or drain centre can get the correct adapters if it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Protectaline alkathene pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock