Search the forum,

Discuss Proximity of flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Simon. I will get back on to gas safe.

it isnt a gas safe issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

That's what I don't understand, how can they sign it off if does not comply? Do they have to follow the regs? Also who signs off, is it build control and gas safe?

gas safe told me it didn't meet requirements but build control guy said he signed it off. (He also said they had not been very considerate with how it had been installed). They seem to be contradicting each other.

I did take it up with building control, guy said it depends where you take the boundary from. That sounds nuts to me. I don't appreciate being fobbed off.

it's not ruining my life, but if I can get something done about it I will, & best do it soon as.

To be honest I actually applaud building control for once for using discretion. If your using nuisance and a boundary together then it seems reasonable to use the boundary from the property of the complainant? Your boundary seems to be far beyond 600mm?

If everyone had a similar outlook to you then we'd never progress with anything. Nothing would get built unless it was a million miles away from anyone else. Give it a few weeks and if you have anything better to think about then you'll have forgotten about it and be more interested in ranting over the neighbour across the roads Christmas lights reflecting off your t.v screen when the X factor finals are on.

Last edited:
I'm sure they won't either, but definitely nothing will happen if I don't try.

So the path is 1.3m wide and the boundary is surely after that if the home owner has shared access to it.

MI state "care should be taken to ensure terminal siting does not cause a nuisance to adjacent properties" and for me he's done that as he's well within the boundary and the height off the ground.

Theres nothing wrong with the installation you should offer to pay half for a plume kit if its that serious an issue for you and do t waste your money ringing gas safe.

Or try this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 46
Just read through your MSG. I'm afraid that providing you have 600mm's from the tip of the flue to the centre of your shared path/boundary it is all above board and legal. It is 2.1m's from floor level so it is away from potential hazards from burns etc. you could request your neighbour to fit a plume kit to take it away from your eye line & also direct it along their property. With regard to windows / extractors it's 300mm's for fanned appliance. I hope that helps

I've had no experience of anything to do with planning or building until this. This has been so unnecessary & if the flue had been sited more discreetly we wouldn't have any of this. It is the focal point of a bare brick wall that pretty much faces my front (and only) door. The owners were going to grow plants up the wall, which would improve the whole appearance, but now they're not, saying local animals crapping on the bit of ground (which I clear up). A builder friend said plants will cost to maintained so they won't - although climbing plants were on the plans (even I know that cant be enforced!)

time to leave the forum its not the flue you hate just the extn!!

Focal point of the wall? What are you looking at the wall for anyway!

When it's a shared path with equal access/rights the boundary is taken as the centre of path.

It is owned by neighbour on other side. Not shared or common ground, only easement rights down it. Does that change things?

If your neighbour owns the land then it sounds like legally there is nothing wrong with it. I suggest you speak to them and see if they will fit a plume kit.

It sits in the middle of a bare brick wall, apart from the builders sign which the owners do not seem to want to take down. They might be leaving it up just to upset me , but as its temporary & not permanent, I don't care

Last edited by a moderator:
Polly, dearest Polly, you've come on here for some advice and you've had it, loads of it. Yet you still seem to know best or seem to be on a mission to get these poor people to move their boiler because for 10 minutes a day you can see the plume and in some unfathomable way its having a negative affect on your life.

Its not dangerous.
Its been installed to MI.
Building control are satisfied with it.
Gas Safe have no interest in it what so ever.

Please, for your own sake, give it a rest you'll make yourself ill.

Im afraid my post on this thread was deleted by croppie

suffice it to say it was witty and amusing

I'm closing this thread now.

Somewhat disappointed in some of the posts on here.

Rightly or wrongly Polly had a concern and a genuine question which was answered early on.

I would remind you all we have a strict 'Be Nice' policy. In future when an OP asks a question you deem to be 'too fussy' or 'curtain twitching' then, unless you feel you can be nice, don't answer.

I don't like jumping on you any more than you like me doing it but as I said earlier, I will not have the UKPF getting the same reputation as other forums.

I'm drawing a line under this subject now. Please don't do it again.

Don't mind me while I reply to a few of the threads. We need the new thread pages to be picked up correctly. If this thread isn't current, just visit the plumbing forum and post your own new thread or checkout the other existing threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Proximity of flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock