Discuss Pump over run wiring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gas tec

Gas Engineer
is there a heat only Boiler on the market that does not need a pump over run wiring to the boiler?

I am trawling through manufacturers instructions just to satisfy my mind as someone asked me.

Viessmann boilers are ok without pump over run and really good heat only boilers.

The Vaillant 4 series I believe but you will need the suppressor that goes with it. But this is an add on item.

Would never consider running a 3 wire set up rather than 5 wire as the flow and return sensors will be too temprmenal depending on the system, viessmann said you can't and Vaillant/glowworm energy say you can but you will get fault 83 from time to time. Not sure on baxi but never a good idea hence why apart from baxi offer it

Ok I will have a look at the viessmann heat only cheers lads.

When googling pump over runs, with a thermal store and heat only boiler how is the pump over run controlled/timed?
I have to quote one of these, (new Boiler onto existing thermal store)and if i go with a Boiler that requires a pump over run how is this controlled so it's not just be cycling?

• Friendly
Reactions: deg
I just looked at veissmann heat only installation manual and it doesn't say anything about wiring with no pump over run. It don't say much about wiring at all.

I've googled aqua stat and it don't come up with much. Is there anywhere I can find some decent instructions for this? Both fitting and wiring.
Thanks

Ideal logics heat only manual states the pump live must be connected to the boiler.
" the boiler warranty will be invalid if not complied with"

As I said before, the Vaillant 4 series can be, but you need to fit their suppressor.

Just wire the pump back it will run for a period of time, set by electronics on pcb, but don't do it on a Vaillant/glowworm as you will get f83 I promise you that

My mistake just checked it does need one appologies kop. Seem to remember viessman do a add on to their heat only to get over the pump over run problem will try and find it, this maybe of interest to you regards kop

20170526_073557.jpg

20170526_073541.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump over run wiring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back