Search the forum,

Discuss Pumping from tank for combi hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gary80gas

Gas Engineer
Ive got to add a pump to 2 x 100 gallon tanks to pump to a Worcester 38cdi combi to supply hot water instead of using mains water.
Ive been recommended a rp80su 2.4bar by salamander pumps.
Anyone fitted tank pumps for combi's, how did it go, did it all work ok?
Any advice much appreciated.

Why not get a complete sys

DAB E.SYBOX and Tank

Or if you want have a look at dab easy box

And you can set the pressure and flow

Thanks Shaun, good idea, but £250 vs £1000. Anyone else used a pump?

Plus the two 100 gallon tanks there not cheap also they sell the pump separate

I've used similar Shaun and they work superbly. Only issue so far as I can see here is location and access.

That said, when external there is very little awareness of the system doing its job.

Internally one would need to ensure the weight of the stored water was properly located and that the pump noise was suitable damped otherwise the customer will hate it.

Thanks Shaun, good idea, but £250 vs £1000. Anyone else used a pump?
Take account of labour to fit the tanks and run the pipework. Cost of materials and your probably only a couple of hundred off. But your basically fitting shower pump and this is a billion leagues above. Well worth the bit more

I've used similar Shaun and they work superbly. Only issue so far as I can see here is location and access.

That said, when external there is very little awareness of the system doing its job.

Internally one would need to ensure the weight of the stored water was properly located and that the pump noise was suitable damped otherwise the customer will hate it.
the one we fitted was in a cellar but pump noise was far less than a shower pumps as the system we used was uses a submersible pump

something like this one Powertank SLIMLINE - Fixed Speed - 200 or 300ltr - Pump Express

Thanks guys im looking again at this dab e sybox. The you tube vids don't show much other than its size. Ive already got the tanks installed from previous plumbed system, 2 100 gallon tanks. Just need pump.
Looking at e sybox mini 3. Looks high tech, im assuming it has great controls for litres and pressure, need to read up.
Currently about £ 360 anyone seen it cheaper?

Ive spoken to a sales rep about the dab e sybox mini and it sounds very impressive, modulating pump for high and low flow, fully adjustable pressure. Has anyone else fitted one and does it live up to the sales hype?

Yep very good

Reply to Pumping from tank for combi hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock