Search the forum,

Discuss push button grips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people prefer the push button adjustable grips or the slotted type ones? Bought some knipex alligators and am struggling to get used to the push button type

To be honest, I find both the button and the slotted types to be awkward. :smile:
I think there are some grips that are self adjusting using a spring in them?
I am used to Footprints that have a bolt to remove to next hole, which is a pain. But they do knurled nut sets of Footprints similar to adjustable spanners idea which are excellent.
I also use slotted type grips and I bought a Knipex parallel jaw spanner as recommended on here and although the push button is all a bit slow to get used to, it is a brilliant adjustable spanner I would highly recommend for good grip and no damage to nuts.
Here is a link,
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=k...UICCgC&biw=1024&bih=648#imgrc=EeOZmObxtqPZKM:

Last edited:
Push button Knipex for me.
1 Hand adjusting.

They free up after a few uses.

I am not a fan of grips but I use but I use blue point curved jaw type which are slotted but they're not great. There are tasks which only grips will do but Give me a spanner any day

I had a difficult fixing.

Needed both hands free on one side so weren't able to stop thing turning on the other.
The slotted grips fell off but the push button one stayed on, and fixing was secured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to push button grips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi sorry im a newbie, pls help if u can. I had a new bathroom installed about a yr ago and since then when i flush the toilet the room stinks of sewer gas. Not only does the b/room stink it also smells in the kitchen too, which is directly below the toilet/b-room. It doesnt do it everytime...
Replies
Views
We have model number FL2026 concealed cistern - picture attached. The system is not working when pushing via the buttons on the plate. It used to work when we push directly after removing the plate. Even this has become hit and miss now - specially with the yellow button. The pins (used to...
Replies
Views
Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The small glass panel is supposed to slide into the wall channel, and some holes in the side of the channel (inside the cubicle) should align with some...
Replies
Views
Hi All Just looking for some advice on which Exposed Thermostatic Mixer Shower (Bar Shower) would go well with the Shower Pump i'm getting installed. So the pump is the - SALAMANDER PUMPS CT FORCE 30 SU REGENERATIVE SINGLE SHOWER PUMP 3.0BAR from ScrewFix - seems like a decent one for the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! Parents not used the boiler since 2013/2014, since installing a new wetroom for them they have now decided its worth getting the boiler running again. The only reason it has not been used i so long is the the zone valve kept getting stuck (would have fixed this myself if i knew!)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock