Search the forum,

Discuss Push button ID required please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon T

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Can anyone ID this type of cistern push button for me please? Its in one of my not so favourite outlaws toilets. I would rather just get a new one rather than do a full syphon swap if you know what I mean.

http://i.*********/CXgpK4r.jpg

If its obsolete, are there any alternative buttons that would do the job? Thank you.

It looks like an old Opella , but they are usually blue ...
anything like that these days I put a fluidmaster straight on , but yep cisterns to come off and thats when the fun starts ! Lol

Good luck

A quick Google and here's the button:
[DLMURL="https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Wirquin-Dual-Flush-Button-Model-48mm-Dia-White-Backnut-Pre-2007/2006618004?iid=271502120001"]Wirquin Dual Flush Button Model 48mm Dia White Backnut Pre 2007 | eBay[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
I also had an issue finding the same button for an opella valve the exact same as that, i rung them up and one was sent to me free of charge

Williams & Co down south sell buttons on there Tod.
Check in your local merchant I have recently discovered they have two filing cabinets full of damaged stock I can pinch goodies out of ;)

Just to let anyone know, - on that old type Wirquin flush valve you just need to replace with the new type Wirquin kit.
The new flush valve has identical base to the old type and will just fit on and mean you get new flush valve with cable and new dual button all in kit and from most merchants

Just to let anyone know, - on that old type Wirquin flush valve you just need to replace with the new type Wirquin kit.
The new flush valve has identical base to the old type and will just fit on and mean you get new flush valve with cable and new dual button all in kit and from most merchants
I was thinking same but unsure mk1 was compatible with current. As I found out hard way a few months back with ano ideal standard syphon... nearly £70 wasted for a bloody syphon

I was thinking same but unsure mk1 was compatible with current. As I found out hard way a few months back with ano ideal standard syphon... nearly £70 wasted for a bloody syphon

It was when the button on a old type needed replaced that got me thinking. I realised the button was same as always had been and I noticed the flush valve base looked same as new Wirquin base, even though old valve was entirely different.
I then reasoned that Wirquin had made the new to adapt, which would make a lot of sense.
Probably often easier to therefore just buy a Wirquin kit from nearest merchant and just click it all in place - and you get a new fill valve in the kit, should you want to also replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Push button ID required please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock