Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Putting in a second washing machine in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. jmerrin1

jmerrin1 New Member

Simple(ish) question I hope. I'm trying to put in a second washing machine, but there is only one blue cold water connector. I guess that I should be able to attach another one, but the mass of pipes behind the washing machine makes no sense to me. Can anyone work out from this photos whether the pipes are able to be connected - Imgur: The magic of the Internet - or if not how I can work out what to do next.

2. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

From what I can see , take it combi boiler is above worktop ?
    From left to right ; Heating / Heating / safety discharge / Gas / Hot water / Cold water , water meter in bottom right with main cold water stop cock below it, cant make out what stop cock on back wall is for maybe out side tap.

3. Darren Jackson

Darren Jackson Plumber GSR

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Can you put a photo of the Washing Machine connection ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Get a brass one if you must use one as the plastic ones leak often

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. jmerrin1

jmerrin1 New Member

Thanks for the tip about the y-piece - did not know those existed. Will pop down to b&q and get one of those and hopefully should be ok.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Darren Jackson

Darren Jackson Plumber GSR

You can buy an extra long hose aswell and water outlet hose with a conector to lenghen the one on the machine.