Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator sizing (again) - are these sizes reasonable in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imrreh

Hello all,

So I'm looking to sort out the central heating, I've done some calculation using a calculator at bestheating website and it has given me the following figures

roomHeightLengthWidthWindow AreaBTUWatts
Bedroom12.322.632.441.4416664872 outer walls
Bedroom22.323.452.9821329389
Bedroom32.323.813.61.961555455

So the first surprising thing was that the smaller room (bedroom1) requires a larger ouput rad, I can understand that there are 2 outer walls but does that really make such a difference? The current rad that is fitted is the smallest one out of all the bedroom and the room heats up reasonably well.

For bedrooms 2 and 3 I could use a radiator that is 400high x 700mm wide but that may look a bit odd as the windows are around 2m wide. So would it be ok to put wider rads in and use a TRV to control the temp?

Thanks

Radiator calculations are based on heat loss. Not just the size of the room. So 2 outside walls makes a big difference.
Download the Mr combi app. It seems the most accurate to me.

Hello all,

So I'm looking to sort out the central heating, I've done some calculation using a calculator at bestheating website and it has given me the following figures

roomHeightLengthWidthWindow AreaBTUWatts
Bedroom12.322.632.441.4416664872 outer walls
Bedroom22.323.452.9821329389
Bedroom32.323.813.61.961555455

So the first surprising thing was that the smaller room (bedroom1) requires a larger ouput rad, I can understand that there are 2 outer walls but does that really make such a difference? The current rad that is fitted is the smallest one out of all the bedroom and the room heats up reasonably well.

For bedrooms 2 and 3 I could use a radiator that is 400high x 700mm wide but that may look a bit odd as the windows are around 2m wide. So would it be ok to put wider rads in and use a TRV to control the temp?

Thanks
If you'd like to work it out properly, get yourself this book:
CIBSE Domestic Heating Design Guide 2015

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator sizing (again) - are these sizes reasonable in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock