Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator sizing woes. My screwup for not checking beforehand. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Having now finished all the wiring, plastering, laying the floor and spending 6 solid weeks and many thousands of £££’s completely gutting and re-fitting the kitchen , I find I’m unable to get a like for like (in dimensions) replacement radiator.

Initially we wanted a black double panel rad. No chance of getting one of those that will fit under £250.

The rad is a type 22 double with a width of 790mm, height of 620mm (although there is leeway with the height). Pipe to pipe spacing is 870mm and wall to centre of pipe of 73mm.

I could get a less wide rad and use a telescopic tail on one end but would prefer a direct replacement if possible.

Ideas on a postcard to help me out of my own screwup ☹

Nope have to adjust the pipework

Thought so, aint gonna happen lol

She can have a narrower rad with a telescopic tail, and I'll pack the brackets out to get the distance I want from the wall. No way is that laminate and sub-floor coming up to avoid bendy pipework .

If she see's me do that, then I'll be chasing the walls back out to accept the pipework. I know when I've been beat :(

Could possibly get a normal 600x800 P+ stelrad sprayed by a car body shop. Have paid £100 for that service before and then use union style radiator valves and that should get you there.

Could possibly get a normal 600x800 P+ stelrad sprayed by a car body shop. Have paid £100 for that service before and then use union style radiator valves and that should get you there.
Good idea, as that rad will keep the feel (if not the style) of a panel rad. However, I think I've got away with powder coating the existing rad. Something I can get done for very little cost, so quids in.

This is why I ask on here. Knowledge, advice and solutions in abundance !

Reply to Radiator sizing woes. My screwup for not checking beforehand. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock