Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator Valve Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely having the boiler interlock (room thermostat & radiator without TRV) in the bathroom is somewhat silly. If room thermostat now placed elsewhere its not the interlock its supposed to be.

Surely having the boiler interlock (room thermostat & radiator without TRV) in the bathroom is somewhat silly. If room thermostat now placed elsewhere its not the interlock its supposed to be.

There's two

I always leave the bathroom without a trv due to towels and the main one with the stat

I would like to have a bathroom rad that isn’t controlled by a TRV and potentially overheat the room and sympathise wit Kian1810.

I had the thermostat wired in yesterday but it's not fixed to the wall, I currently have it on my coffee table. My boiler water and rad heat is set to 60 on both, is this ok? I have my thermostat set to 18 most of the day and just turn it off at night.

The TRV in my living room is set to 3, in my other rooms it's off (do I need to put it on the little ice setting?) and obviously in the bathroom, that is always on.

I had to turn off all the pre-set as I would prefer to manually control the heating, maybe in the future I will use the pre-sets.

It's a Danfoss TP5000SI.

It's down to personal setting now have a play and find what's right for you

What is the difference between the radiator heat setting on the boiler and the thermostat, is it the higher it is on the Boiler, the more it will cost in gas?

the one on the boiler will set how hot the pipes will get normally set to 60-65

the room stat will govern the room temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator Valve Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock