Search the forum,

Discuss Radiators Cold at the bottom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, over the summer I had thermostatic valves fitted to the radiators, one small radiator removed and a one replaced with a larger radiator (in the same room). The two radiators in the living room are cold at the bottom and lukewarm at the top, there’s no air in them and all the valves are on the highest setting.
Can anyone offer any advice, or do I need to get a heating engineer in ?
Thanks in advance, Matt

Turn off all the rads that are hot and see if that pushes the heat through to the others. Kop

Turn off all the rads that are hot and see if that pushes the heat through to the others. Kop
Thanks for your reply, I’ve turned off all the radiators except 1 towel radiator, as it looks like you turn it off by Allen key and I don’t have one that size. Of the rads in question 1 gets hot the other gets warmer but still has a colder bottom than top and is not as hot as the first one. I turned off the other now hot rad, this made no difference to the cold bottom rad ? I’ve turned them all back on now as it freezing !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiators Cold at the bottom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock