Search the forum,

Discuss Radiators keep going cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Faith O-J

Hi
I've just moved and the radiators come on with the combi boiler. It is timer only controlled (no thermostat), some radiators have controls and some seem to be broken off!

within about 1hour of the boiler turning off the radiator are stone cold.

Any advice/ suggestions welcomed

Thx Faith

Because the boilers off...?
Get a thermostat fitted!

If you left a cup of tea on the side for an hour that would be cold too!

Last edited:
Yes my plan is to get a thermostat fitted ASAP. But literally just moved in. Seems like I'm in for some fairly hefty heating bills if I need to keep the boiler on most of the time. In my flat I would just turn on the heating for 30min am and pm and it kept it warm.
Would you have any option on getting Hive vs Worcester Wave?
thx

Wave if you have a Worcester greenstar boiler.
For me its worth it for weather compensation features alone (but i've got a vaillant)

Not fussed about the Hive unless your boiler supports 'opentherm' and I've no clue what boilers do...

just a ÂŁ5 wired stat is a big step up from where you are now!

just a ÂŁ5 wired stat is a big step up from where you are now![/QUOTE]

Hope my customers don't read the above quote, they'll accuse me of over charging them. Where can I get these ÂŁ5 roomstats from

Defiantly need a room thermostat (generally in the kitchen or hallway, or where it's the coolest) TRVs on each rad will enable you to control the temp in each room. Might be worth while seeing if the house has got cavity wall insulation as it seems like the walls are sucking the heat away from the radiators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiators keep going cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
Could do with some advice, might be fitting some radiators for a family friend. I've done loads of freebies for friends and family and still currently in my apprenticeship, theres five radiators in total, i haven't looked at the job as of yet so not sure whether pipework will need altering or...
Replies
Views
I have recently bought my own house and decided to redo the kitchen. There was a radiator in the room already but I wanted to move it. I extended the pipes (8mm microbore) and plumbed in the new radiator. I opened the isolation valves and filled up the radiator with no issues. I've bled every...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock