Search the forum,

Discuss rads not getting hot - powerflush needed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wolvesdave

Hi, I have a fuelsaver 100f boiler (old and inefficient, I know!) on 15 rads but recently some of them have started just getting lukewarm. All rads are bled and the TRV's have been checked with no probs. The supply pipe to the TRV is very hot but the rads are not hot - I thought the TRV would be at fault but the valve pin seems to be moving freely. A gasfitter today looked and advised all looks ok so he'd advise a powerflush for £600. The system was powerflushed 5 yrs ago so is this unusual to need another flush so soon after the previous one?

Please advise as I don't want to think i'm being ripped off. Thanks!!

have you been adding chemicals to keep it topped since last power flushed ?

bit like you do anti freeze in your car ?

check the pump is not bloked up inside in the impeller ive just cleaned one out that was solid

if it is hot up to the trv and the hot is not passing i would say the trv is at fault give it a tap, not too hard, on the side may unstick it.

Try to push down and up pin from TRV. It helps sometimes. Drain one of the radiators and see if water is very dirty
Is the other valve fully open?

have you been adding chemicals to keep it topped since last power flushed ?

bit like you do anti freeze in your car ?

No chemicals have been added since the last flush.

thanks for all your pointers - I'll investigate further at the weekend... it's gettin coooold :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to rads not getting hot - powerflush needed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock