Search the forum,

Discuss Rainwater downpipe relocation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_5839.jpg

Hi, hoping for some advice. I would like to know if its possible to relocate my clients rainwater downpipe, pictured lefthand side of image - the sloping section only. The garden is being re-landscaped so digging up paving not a problem.

I am assuming it drains to a soakaway and as long as a certain fall is maintained on the pipe then the pipe could vertically next to house into the ground and then the sloping pipe work positioned below ground?

Any advice/suggestions gratefully received, thank you.

Not a problem. Vertical into ground then 1:40 fall to soakaway . If leaves or moss are likely to cause trouble then discharge vertical pipe into a gully that can be cleaned.
Section below ground to be 110mm. diameter.

Last edited:
Advise your client to check that his water supplier has his rainwater being discharged into a soak away. Round here you get a discount for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rainwater downpipe relocation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
Hi, Need some advice on the soil pipe inside or outside, I have searched on google and read couple of forums but don't find the right or wrong answer of soil pipe being inside or outside the property. We are adding two rooms on the side of the house and one loft into dormer conversion. Please...
Replies
Views
Hi there I wondered if anyone could help. We are in the long process of renovating an old former commercial building which is listed. We have a problem at the front of the house with the rainwater drainage. I'll try and summarise it below: -In this area a hopper takes an awful lot of water...
Replies
Views
Hi there, wondering if anyone has any pointers, in the middle of a stressful refurbishment that was meant to finish a week ago! I am completely in the dark about boilers, but we agreed to the recommendation of a new pressurised unvented system that would feed direct off the mains (Vaillant...
Replies
Views
Hi, looking for some help/advice please... I have a rodding point (just off our driveway) for the main waste leading to an ancient septic tank. It’s an uncapped vertical clay pipe that currently sits a couple of inches proud of the ground with a grate balanced on top. The problem has been that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock