Search the forum,

Discuss Ran out of oil: boiler lockout: help bleeding Bosch 12/18 heatslave in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jake Lancaster

Good afternoon!

I foolishly let my tank run out of oil. Of course this led to a lockout even after filling and this new boiler is throwing me for a loop! Its a Bosch worcester 12/18 heatslave... I've checked the outside valve and fire valve and all are in order so pretty sure all I need to do is bleed the oil line but not sure where its at or how to get to it.. All very compact together.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated hoping to have a shower today!

-Jake

I'm not familiar with your boiler but there will be a reset button on the boiler probably on the burner

Get an engineer. If you start playing you'll end up paying.

dont keep pushing the reset button or it will cost you an oil pump

if you get an engineer in, he will pull the oil through the line and as lame plumber said, save you a pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ran out of oil: boiler lockout: help bleeding Bosch 12/18 heatslave in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Funny
Hi all, Thanks for reading. I just picked up a 2015 greenstar 2 heatslave 18/25 oil boiler to replace my relic from the 80's (still a greenstar bit not up to the flow requirements and it's not a condensing boiler so not efficient). Obviously a used item, it has 2 oil feeds. My current boiler...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all. I have a 20 year old Worcester Bosch Heatslave 12/14 Oil-fired I'm getting about 20 seconds of hot water, then the boiler won't fire. I can crank the HW dial right up and it'll fire and give me another 20 secs of hot water. It won't fire again with demand from the tap. It was losing...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all , retired plumber here needing advice Just moved in to a house where a 1 year old green star heatslave 2 12/18 Geordie oil boiler is installed House has been empty for 5 months so technically the boilers hardly used Switched on pressure is fine , hot water fine but the heating is not...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not been serviced in a long time and oil filters were bunged up as was the nozzle. I decided to service it with hopes it was simple starving of fuel from...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have recently run out of oil - the sensor in my kitchen is faulty so we’re completely empty. I’ve topped up my tank today to tide me over until delivery but my boiler (grant vortex eco wall hung) is still in lockout. I’ve read around and think I need to bleed the air from the system...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock