Search the forum,

Discuss Range cookers and water heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2053

There is much discussion in various places on the web about disconnecting the pipes from a water heating AGA or Rayburn and filling the tank with sand. Has anyone on this forum ever actually done it? And if so did it work? Did the range fail within an unreasonably short time afterwards? I realise that tank removal and filling with fire bricks is the RIGHT way to go but this is not always practicable so please stick to answering the question. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Range cookers and water heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future, but likely the PV kind rather than the thermal kind, and won't be having heat pump in the future. So the cylinder would be connected to the boiler at...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
D
I'm plumbing my campervan and made the following schematic to show the different modes it can operate. Although I'm an experienced DIYer, I've never tackled a plumbing job this complicated and I'd appreciate any advice. Normal operation using Tank 1 – B, F open Normal operation using Tank 2 –...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 129220
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock