Search the forum,

Discuss Rayburn back boiler combi boiler marriage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chrishands

Hi guys, my names Chris, I've come on here for abit of advice so I have an idea of what I want before I ask for it and get mugged on price on a job.

currently I have my house heated and hot water supplied by a fairly new Worcester Bosch green star boiler, it's great, works fine.

however I mainly heat my house using 2 multi fuel stoves, and I want to do away with them and plumb in a Rayburn solid fuel cooker that I bought.

i wanted to get the Rayburn to heat radiators only and keep the combi boiler for hot water, is this possible?

if I can do heating only from the Rayburn back boiler then do I need a copper tank ect?

also is there a way to combine the combi boiler and back boiler onto the same circuit in case I'm too lazy to light the Rayburn?

any technical advice will be really appreciated, thanks,
chris

Welcome to the forum chris, there are a few Rayburn guys on here but they don`t tend to log on every day so expect a short delay for good advice eh?

What output is the Rayburn? It may not be man enough to heat the house on its own. You can combine the two through a thermal store and keep the hot water still from the combi. You could then use hot water from the combi in the summer and not have to heat the thermal store.

Hi thanks guys, much friendlier than electricians forum!

Sounds just what I want, my Rayburn is a Rayburn number 2 and has 100,000 Btu's I think, i live in a 3 bed semi with loft conversion that gets occasional use, not sure if Rayburn is powerful enough?

Is a thermal store big compared to a copper tank?

The Rayburn will probably be big enough although heat loss calcs should always be carried out. A thermal store is a copper tank with multiple tappins to allow for various heat inputs. They are available in various sizes. Have a look at a website called Heatweb which has some good info and the Gledhill site. If you go down this route your installer will be able to advise the best solution.

Hi guys, my names Chris, I've come on here for abit of advice so I have an idea of what I want before I ask for it and get mugged on price on a job.

currently I have my house heated and hot water supplied by a fairly new Worcester Bosch green star boiler, it's great, works fine.

however I mainly heat my house using 2 multi fuel stoves, and I want to do away with them and plumb in a Rayburn solid fuel cooker that I bought.

i wanted to get the Rayburn to heat radiators only and keep the combi boiler for hot water, is this possible?

if I can do heating only from the Rayburn back boiler then do I need a copper tank ect?

also is there a way to combine the combi boiler and back boiler onto the same circuit in case I'm too lazy to light the Rayburn?

any technical advice will be really appreciated, thanks,
chris

What a quote !!!! I'm out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rayburn back boiler combi boiler marriage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a rayburn 212 that I have plumbed into a vented hot water tank as far as I am aware I do not have to vent the rayburn as the tank is vented, is this correct. attached Is an image of the tank and a very basic schematic, fig 1 is how I have it plumed fig 2 is how I would plumb if the...
Replies
Views
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to be lukewarm - so much so that no one even wants to bath as it never gets hot enough! Open to suggestions as to what it might be and if anyone can...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I have a gas boiler in my apartment that heats a net area of 300 m2 with an underfloor heating system. The boiler has a capacity of 45 kW. There's no issue with the heating system, but I want to increase the hot water capacity. I plan to connect an external 200-liter boiler. How can I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered central heating installer about 15 years ago, so I felt comfortable running the flow/return to rads). I am in need of a combi boiler install with a...
Replies
Views
How a thermal store boiler works! I’ve got an old thermal store boiler and I’m trying to work out how it works. From what I understand the boiler keeps hot water at a steady temperature in the boiler whilst cold water enters into a coil which is held inside the hot water and this heats the cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock