Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Recommendations for kitchen mixer tap? in the Valves & Taps area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Mycro

Mycro New Member

Hello, I need to replace my kitchen mono mixer tap, ideally something with a swan neck. I don’t mind if it’s one lever or two.

What’s brands (and model) would you recommend? Ideally I’d like something where the ceramic units can be replaced when they leak, or with a long guarantee that covers leaks.

The Cold supply is mains pressure but the Hot is gravity fed.

2. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Bit of a minefield Mycro, keep off internet sites selling Chinese taps.
    Personally I like Nabis taps ( plumb center )
    Plenty more of the chaps will chip in with their favourite no doubt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

The hot being gravity fed does cause a problem because you never know how a tap you have never used before will perform, despite claims it is for low and high pressure.
    One tap brand I definitely wouldn't recommend is Franke, as some of their models ceramic works are failing early and also the handles are made of alloy and corroding, plus seizing onto the brass works.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. townfanjon

Yep my pal bought an expensive one earlier this year, he chose it , I have renued both cartridges already .

5. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Bristan for me or anything that's not cheap tat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Never had an issue with Bristan mate. Nabis are decent as well. But most of the time I fit Bristan. (Unless the customer is specific)

7. townfanjon

Just a note and reminder on the Bristan easy fit taps , it is noted that the grub screws can loosen and the taps fly off . Bristan would not admit it but there was a post on here a few years ago .
    I have fitted plenty and never had any problems

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Neither have I as yet.

• Like Like x 1
  9. townfanjon

They are a much cheaper quality of taps than they were years ago, but like most firms they have had to lower their prices to be competitive.
    The easy fit range is very cleverly thought out , its not for us guys to fit them so easily, its so if theres a problem their fitters can change a tap in a minute .

10. Best

Did he get the parts free? To be fair to Franke, I think they have a good warranty on the cartridges.

11. townfanjon

Yes he did , he picked the tap and I will give you one guess who went and fitted them for free lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Best

That's pals for you!
    Hope he returns the favour someday?

• Like Like x 1
  13. townfanjon

Lol we go back 50 years , the favours went out of the window years ago mate .

• Funny Funny x 2