Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Recommended replacement for an Ideal ISAR HE24? in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. AdamPD

AdamPD New Member

Hi all,

So our 13 year old Ideal ISAR HE24 has had it's 20th+ repair under a boiler insurance system we set up as soon as the warranty ran out.
    It's had no end of problems (I know of them from reading various reports when ours started going wrong!)
    We've just had yet another part replaced (the radiators were getting hot when the hot water was being requested) and the engineer guy said the boiler needs replacing, as it has rust problems.

We, of course, got the original boiler and radiators through the warm home/grant system and even though the boiler is 13 years old and bordering on uneconomical to repair, we can't get another free one through any grant that I can find, or any discounted boiler either :(

So I was wondering, what would you recommend in terms of a replacement?
    Ideally I'd like to run a shower off a new boiler at some point, and we do have a bath (3 bedroom semi bungalow)
    So I'm thinking I need a 28-32Kw boiler so we get better hot water performance. (I think the HE24 is 24kw?)

We were quoted £2495 (Inc VAT) to have a Worcester Bosch 32CDI fitted, including a 10 year warranty, but I've done a quick search here and apparently those aren't recommended?

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Got to be a Vaillant for me mate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

They seemed the boiler of choice for the grant jobs (Cheep) you have a large choice That price seems quite good but could be other things that may need doing, if money is tight Vokera do a basic 29Kw model with 5 year warranty, Ideal Logic up to 10 years, Ariston are even offering 12 years, do some more research and get more quotes you will find different installers favour different boilers we all have favourites.

• Like Like x 1
  4. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR

Viessmann 050 for me . But as JTS says we all have our favourites.

5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Would go for the 100 much better

6. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

Tell us your budget and we can advise.
    Most important is it's fitted well. An expensive boiler thrown at the wall, no flushing, no filter, limescale fighter, chemicals etc etc will have problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. townfanjon

Yes agree 100% but there’s absolutely nothing wrong with the 050’s . 7 years warrenty out of the box , but you have to buy the 100 warrenty now .

8. ShaunCorbs

Still get the standard 5 with the 100 tho unless they have changed?

9. townfanjon

Yep still on that , its the jump up to 10 years that is extra .

10. ShaunCorbs

Isn't it round the hundy mark ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. quality

quality Plumber GSR

Ideal Logic for me, fitted plenty very little comeback

• Like Like x 2
  12. AdamPD

AdamPD New Member

Yea I understand the need for a proper filter and the proper flushing/chemicals.

Budget wise, I'd be happy to spend £1000-£1500 (Just for the boiler itself)

I'd be looking to get a more powerful boiler than I have now, so instead of a 24kw, I'd be after a 28-32.

The Ariston boilers sound nice with the 12 year warranty, but I can't find much in the way of prices, or reviews on those.

13. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Ariston are terrible in my opinion.

14. quality

quality Plumber GSR

That is the trouble over the last 20 years where people were driven down the combi path. Give me a traditional system any-day with an un-vented. It may cost more and take up more space but it is a far superior system for those that benefit from it. In my humble opinion of course

15. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

That's your opinion and that's fine, Myself I have fitted quite a few over the past 5/6 years never had a call back, But I don't favour any one boiler make over another ! Don't hold any loyalty to any of them ask what customer wants give them options to what they want/need and let them decide

• Agree Agree x 1