Search the forum,

Discuss Redbrick house from 1904 - Already has underfloor heating in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I have an 1904 redbrick 2,500 square feet house.
We have UFH on every floor. 3 Floors
House is reasonably well insulated but far from perfect.

Would there be any point in installing a "air to water" heating system that could link into my existing UFH??

Short answer - no.
Currently unless your needing to replace your heatsource AND are off gas grid then it's pointless.
Give it 10 years...

Reply to Redbrick house from 1904 - Already has underfloor heating in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a 3 storey house built in 1904. We put UFH in the house about 20 years ago. Works well with newish gas boiler. Just curious... I know heat pumps are meant for tightly insulated modern house ... but.. Question: Given that my UFH is always at a low temperature - Could I feed UFH with...
Replies
Views
We have UFH throughout downstairs. I have had one coil replaced. I have had the thermostats checked that they are linking to the correct actuators, which they are. the cupboard where the UFH system is gets hot when I turn up the thermostats in one or all zones. The boiler is coming on but the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient to heat the rooms. We have only a woodburning stove (15kW nominal output) that heats our open plan lounge/kitchen/diner directly (6.5kW from the...
Replies
Views
I'm attending a wet underfloor heating system, it's an old one ..No flow meters, just adjustable valves on the returns with conventional actuators. Problem is , one loop (far right in photo) isn't heating the floor (timber suspended) . I've bled the loop via a hosepipe, shut off all the other...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm considering having my heating system controlled by Honeywell Evohome. I have a question about the underfloor heating controller.... I have a single zone water underfloor heating in the kitchen. The controller is currently a Wunda. I've never been all that happy with it because...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock