Search the forum,

Discuss Refrigerator piping? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCplumb

Esteemed
Plumber
Evening chaps (and chapesses)
Got to go back next week to extend a run to a fridge, it's the standard 1/4" piping that most water supplied fridges use. Can't ever remember extending a run though so have a question if anyone knows the answer.
Only need a couple of meters adding and the current pipe runs round a corner, behind units and a cooker so would like to add to it rather than replace the whole run.
I can see that there are 1/4" couplers available, but do I need inserts? There are none on the connection to the filter or the connection to the fridge. The pipe walls are comparatively thick so will probably hold shape without inserts.
Anyone know?

No, they don't have inserts if push fit is used.

I've used nylon with compression for air before and the compression ring had an insert combined with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Refrigerator piping? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock