Search the forum,

Discuss Remeha avanta condensate hole in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Bibbs118

Gas Engineer
Hi Guys.

I wonder if you help try an settle an argument that has been rumbling on between me and my BG mate.

When the case rusts around the trap on the Remeha and there is a visible hole ID or AR.

I have rang baxi and gas safe and they say the same thing, but I'll not say just yet so it doesn't taint your view .

If the hole compromises the room seal then I would class it as AR. But only if the analyser results are OK & no POC escaping from the hole. Turn off appliance, notify responsible person, attach do not use label and fill out AR warning notice.

If the analyser readings are all over the place due to air gas ratio wrong or POC escaping to the room because of hole then I'D, turn off appliance, isolate the appliance from the gas instalation, do not use label and ID warning notice issued.

Ar the hole

If leaking poc Id

Erm , good one this , I know the problem with these boilers , I always thought any hole apart from a cable hole taking a grommet etc was ID , interesting comments.

I was hoping for more replies to get a good overall view of guys thoughts.

According to gas safe and baxi it's AR, because no POCs are entering the room, but my British Gas friend will not have it, I understand that most if not all BG lads ID in this situation.

Well if POCs aren't entering the room it's not ID.

I remember being told there are only 6 ID in total

1. Gas Pipe not make of metal
2 .Flue incomplete or doesn't terminates outside
3 .Gas Leak
4. Poc leak
5. Is it on fire or can it catch fire (safety device linked out)
6. Wrong gas supply

Well if POCs aren't entering the room it's not ID.

I remember being told there are only 6 ID in total

1. Gas Pipe not make of metal
2 .Flue incomplete or doesn't terminates outside
3 .Gas Leak
4. Poc leak
5. Is it on fire or can it catch fire (safety device linked out)
6. Wrong gas supply[/QUOTE

on this premise then the front case not fitted to a negative pressure boiler is AR.

Yeah, the regs say we are not permitted to let POCs enter the room, neg pressure will just suck air in from the room.

I've rang gas safe twice about the Remeha and they all they say is 'are POCs enter the room's. To which I say no and they say AR.

Worcester cases arnt sealed (air tight)

Yeah, the regs say we are not permitted to let POCs enter the room, neg pressure will just suck air in from the room.

I've rang gas safe twice about the Remeha and they all they say is 'are POCs enter the room's. To which I say no and they say AR.
i am just playing devils advocate here.
the only problem you have is if someone else goes to it they may well be british gas trained and ID the appliance. its also affecting the the air input as the boiler is designed so that the flue is providing the right amount of air. with a hole in the case more air is allowed into the the appliance possible affecting the combustion of the appliance. to be honest if it was me i would err on the side of safety and ID. have you rung remeha and asked them.

just pointing out the inconsistencies and playing devils advocate shaun

Yes, we'll baxi who now own remeha .

I would have thought the speed of the fan dictates or is the main factor in the amount of air, so it would just pull in ever so slightly less thru the flue and make up the shortfall thru the hole.

Reply to Remeha avanta condensate hole in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock