Search the forum,

Discuss Removing Durgo valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixServices

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys. Bit of a basic question.
I'm altering kitchen pipework at the minute and In one corner is a stub stack that just had a washing machine going into it before. This will be redundant can I just cap the stack in the floor removing the Durgo without it causing any issues( house has a vented stack through roof elsewhere)

It probably will not make any difference. But try removing the Durgo and temp seal it for a week first just to make sure it does not create a problem elsewhere and cause a syphon effect to other amenities. A plastic bag and rubber band etc will do. If everthing else still seems to work ok and no empty traps & nasty smells occur then you are good to permanently remove and seal it off.

Reactions: rpm
The reason has been removed it served a washing machine upstand only. Capped off today will see how it goes over the next couple of days before the kitchen goes in but was fine all day today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Removing Durgo valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock