Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Removing fill-valve from mini-cistern. in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. The Bedwetter

The Bedwetter Member

Hi guys

Would anybody be able to enlighten me as to how I can remove this fill-valve from the mini-cistern? It is a front loader type which I have not come across before.

The first photo shows the item properly in place in the cistern. The second photo shows it lifted vertically off of its mounting but I need to fully disconnect.
    IMG_4611.JPG IMG_4620.JPG

Thanks greatly for any help.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

You need to remove the braided hose (isolate the water first)

And remove the white nut and should be able to pop the fill valve out

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. moonlight

moonlight Plumber GSR

Are the instructions on the first picture?

4. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

There will be a plastic clip somewhere and it should slide out , if you can find it .

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

That's probably a Gerebit (Geberit?) cistern, have a google they have loads of instructional videos.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. The Bedwetter

The Bedwetter Member

Shaun:
    The water can be isolated from a valve at the other end of the hose. Thanks for the tip.

moonlight: No, they are the instructions for removing the flush valve.

townfanjon: In addition to removing the white nut or instead?

JCplumb:
    No, it is not a Gerebit, though I agree it looks similar. It is called a Sanitair but what is confusing is that these cisterns usually have a fill-valve called a
    Sanit 510 (I have one as a replacement) whereas this one is fitted with something rather different.

7. moonlight

moonlight Plumber GSR

Can you take the flush valve out to give you more room?

8. The Bedwetter

The Bedwetter Member

Yes, it is actually quite easy to remove.

9. moonlight

moonlight Plumber GSR

So is it still difficult to take the fill valve out? Looks like you will have to disconnect and remove.

10. The Bedwetter

The Bedwetter Member

Do you mean disconnect at the other end of the hose? I'll give it a go, at least the whole contraption can be removed from the cistern and inspected more closely.

11. plumberpete

plumberpete GSR

maybe the fill valve you have is a upgraded version that will still fit.loosen the braided hose off take out the old fill valve transfer the sliding bracket over to the new one tighten braided hose on and slide in to mounting.