Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Removing rotating overflow case (attached to pop up plug) in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. adwebber

adwebber New Member

I'm fitting some new bath taps, but the overflow tube is getting in the way of my vision and tools. The rotating front case of the overflow case (which controls the up and down motion of the main plug below) has a small hole with a screw inside, which I have removed. Despite quite a lot of pulling and levering with flat tools, the case will not come off. Can anyone advise on how I can remove it? (Preferably without breaking it)

2. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

I wouldn't know any other way than leverage. Perhaps it's seized and you end up changing the waste too. If you really cannot get that off it's perhaps the time for replacing.

3. steadyon

steadyon Active Member

By screw I assume you mean an Allen grub screw. Sometimes manufacturers fit two, one to grip the shaft and the outer one to stop the inner one coming out. With all grub screws removed (don't lose them) the cover you twist should just pull off, possibly with a bit of persuasion.