Search the forum,

Discuss Removing shower faucet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, just hoping I can get a few pointers on ways that I can remove this shower faucet. As water from the shower is coming out cold so got a feeling it needs a new thermostatic cartridge.

20170107_122110(1).jpg
should've taken a picture with how far I managed to disassemble it (I know!), however, managed to do the following.

Took the handle off the front, this revealed a valve in the body, couldn't go any further with that.
Took the back plate off, didn't really reveal anything apart from fixing within the wall.
The 3 discs coming out from the plate towards the handle do the following. The one closest to the wall revolves but can't seem to remove it. The next one along just turns it on and off, and can only turn through about 235 degrees. The front one has a small button like thing that I can push in, but doesn't seem to do anything, when I took the front handle off I could see a bit of metal all the way around the inside of ring and pressing the button seems to push this in, but doesn't seem to do anything! The front one doesn't revolve either it's worth mentioning.

20170107_122106.jpg

Can't find any grub screws or anything else to try to gain entry and I'm worried if I force one of the discs it'll break! Any idea how I can get to the thermostatic cartridge in this shower would be greatly appreciated!

Get Showerdoc.com to maybe identify your shower - very helpful. They may then be able to provide you with the necessary instructions to remove your cartridge not mention of course supplying a new one. Prefer image of shower and cartridge in order to recommend replacement but maybe able to identify just with image of shower. Approximate age of shower also useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Removing shower faucet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking for guidance to access the cartridge of a leaking single handle bathroom faucet. It has no visible markings on it to determine manufacturer. I see how to remove the handle but question the 2 metal rings which are part of the faucet. Do these need to be removed to access the...
Replies
Views
D
I’m wanting to replace the single handle cartridge on my basement shower since it no longer allows hot water (sink in same bathroom works fine). I have turn off the water main (at the sidewalk), cold water intake to water heater and opened up all other faucets in the house. However, the shower...
Replies
Views
DIYSAM
D
A
I'm replacing the shower cartridge on my Bristan 1901 Thermostatic Exposed Dual Control Shower (Top Outlet). I have removed the cap and screw but the temperature handle won't come off. Am I missing something or does it just need more force?
Replies
Views
AlexTTT
A
This is driving me bonkers! I have a Jaquar shower mixer unit - which has started to leak from the diverter cartridge. I think it's an early Florentine model circa 2006 though not 100% sure. I've removed the faceplate, unscrewed the chrome collar - and now want to extract the diverter...
Replies
Views
I've just replaced an Ultra SASF2 – M thermostatic shower cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temperature sensor. My problem is this: If I install the thermostatic cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temp sensor (i.e. do the job properly), the shower runs warm...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock