Search the forum,

Discuss Replace combination tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've just moved into a small studio and I've got an old direct combination tank with an immerse heater (RMCylinders) installed. I wondered if there's anything else I can replace it with to get some normal water pressure as there is literally none. Moreover I can't call the water hot, but more like warm-ish, after a whole day of having it turned on. There is no gas in the building, so I guess the alternative should be something electrical.

Thank you very much for your help!

Hi there,

Welcome along.

Perhaps you could upload some pictures from your current installation.

It all depends what water pressure you've got ( static & working pressure ) also too what the Liter per minute you have got.

Do you know if you got gas ?

http://rmcylinders.com/
Guessing you have an old version of these if no gas supply.
Guessing stat problem combined with limescale, you in a hard water area?
All guess work.

Yep sounds like a new stat will sort the temp.
It wont be an old one they just look old lol.
In a flat you will have problems , the way to go is either an unvented cylinder ( but that comes with other problems ) or a thermal store , do you own the flat ?

Also what taps are fitted? Mixer taps are a bad idea in this type of installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replace combination tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock