Search the forum,

Discuss Replacement circulating pump advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help please !

My central heating system is very basic and consists of a boiler, circulating pump, basic timer/programmer and piped installation. The circulating pump is on its last legs and I intend replacing it.

Details on the existing pump are:-

Two Speed Grundfos Super 4

No - F804 Type - UPS 18.45 Class F r/min - 2500 44W 220V 4uF

I am looking on the Screwfix (very local to me) website for a replacement pump and they have the following one in stock which physically fits in between the pipe connections:-

Grundfos UPS2 15-50/60 Central Heating Pump

Product Code: 42635

Suitable for working temperatures up to 95°C. 1½" BSP connection. IP42 rated.
•3 Speed Settings
•ERP Compliant
•2 Year Manufacturer's Guarantee
•6m Max. Delivery Head
•1½" BSP Connection
•2°C to 95°C Max. Temperature Range
•3m³/h Q Max. Flow Volume
•IP42 Rated

Specifications:
240V. 50/60Hz. 130mm port to port. Max. temp. range: +2°C to +95°C. Weight 2.65kg.

£119.99

INC.
VAT

Would you be able to tell me if this is a suitable replacement when comparing specifications please ?

Any response will be much appreciated

Len

hi len qelcome to the forums yes that pump will do you grand.

Hi there lenc and welcome to the forum.

Get the wilo one. U get 5 years warranty on it. Grunny u get 24 hours
Whereas Wilo likely to last only 24 hours but Grunny 5 years !!!!:wink_smile:

Only joking Grundfos gone right down in my estimations in the last few years they only want to draw pictures or refer you to a web site not answer me questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement circulating pump advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock