Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Replacement TRV2 to TRV 4 in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. 6moe66

6moe66 New Member

Recently purchased the Drayton Wiser smart Controller and TRVS and realise that the threads on my old TRV2 valve do not match the newer style given with the kit so i cannot fit the smart TRV's.

Im going to replace the old TRV2 right angle valves but i notice they show only one way flow whereas the new Drayton TRV 4's show 2 way. I don't know what difference this will make in the system? Please see the attached pictures showing the old ones and the new ones i plan to replace.

Its an Ideal Logic 35+ gas combi btw.

Cheers.[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] 20180525_194743.jpg Screenshot_20180525-133200.jpg

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Arrow indicates direction of flow in your set up replace like for like eg head to the top

• Like Like x 1
  3. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Old valves directional. New valves bi directional so should be fine to swap over.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 6moe66

6moe66 New Member

Thanks guys, thought that was the case.