Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing a bleed nipple in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I seem to have lost a bleed nipple from one of my rads somehow. It’s a double rad, one side of the rad has a nipple, the other is gone and I need to bleed it to stop the bubbling noise.

How can I fix this please? Is it possible to buy a new one and if so how do I know what to ask for? Is there perhaps a way to swap the one I have with the one I don't have? I suspect not, but just trying to save money. I suspect also that the fix will involve draining the whole system, would that be correct?

The rad has a TRV, maybe of I switch this off, it would help and prevent the need to drain the whole system (if that is actually requried)?

Photos show the front half of the rads which has the bleed nipple and the rear half which doesn't

BTW, I have an unvented system.

Thank you - Paul

Attachments

• IMG_4284.JPG
    IMG_4284.JPG
    291.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4285.JPG
    IMG_4285.JPG
    231.3 KB · Views: 10
You can buy a replacement bleed screw, but there are different sizes.
Either shut both radiator valves (ideally replace the TRV head with the decorators cap that would have originally been provided), remove the other bleed screw and take it along to a plumbers merchant, OR
try and identify the size you have from the selection available on-line, eg:
(NB Plenty of merchants advertising elsewhere)

Reply to Replacing a bleed nipple in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock