Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing basin tap but flexible pipe to replace in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

AF1QipPQ_lVfekxbS2qirkpGPVe_mWiarSBeovNLkGy8

AF1QipNNLNwrG-6hVcYdvcCyQhWxXKkQ9WJvZ_LOH00U

AF1QipMDQLcRBDLhBa8vrpdCuDD_HtlummevMCNd2Dae

Hello,

I'm replacing my hot water tap, but only now I realized that the hose nut is bigger than the tap connector
I'd like to remove the old flexible but I do not know what I have to loosen
Can I keep the old flexible pipe(I know it looks orrible)and buy an extension+adaptor??
The new tap is a Bristan like this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B9J0GY6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pics arnt loading ?

But basin taps are normally 1/2 so a standard 1/2 flexi should do

The compression nut after the valve on the flexi

2 and 3 undo the nut no 2 and 3 should pull off with the flex

It has a jointing compound, the yellow stuff, this stiffens over time and can make it a bit difficult. Use the longest handled wrenches you have to get leverage, consider extending the handle length by sliding a suitable tube over. Honestly it will budge!

It has a jointing compound, the yellow stuff, this stiffens over time and can make it a bit difficult. Use the longest handled wrenches you have to get leverage, consider extending the handle length by sliding a suitable tube over. Honestly it will budge!

Ok i will try!;)..Thanks to everyone for your help!

On a serious note, if you can't undo 2/3 you could always try undoing nut 1 instead. Hold the valve still and rotate the nut anticlockwise.

Any 1/2 flex to compression will fit

Correct eg 2 away from uou

What you have drawn in the picture is tightening it up! No wonder you've been struggling!
Hold 3 and turn 2 the opposite way to your drawing.

Flexi pipes like these are, really, a bit of a 'bodge' and have no genuine longevity.
My feeling exactly.

However, I have seen bathrooms in Italy: steel tubing inside wall, with a short flexi from the wall to the tap. And no one carries out routine replacements. They do seem to last okay. I suspect the difference is that both ends of the flexi are properly supported, whereas the OP's system seems to use a flexi to hang a pipe from the tap, which must inevitably lead to increased strain.

OP: If you must use flexis, go to BES (online) and get one of their WRAS approved ones. Reasonable quality for a reasonable price. If you will buy cheap, unapproved products from the likes of Amazon, please bear in mind they are illegal to install anyway (although prosecution is probably reasonably unlikely, for the sake of the quality of the drinking water in the public network (and in your home), don't put drinking water into contact with unapproved materials). EDIT - I'm not talking about the taps, which, being Bristan, will be fine.

My feeling exactly.

However, I have seen bathrooms in Italy: steel tubing inside wall, with a short flexi from the wall to the tap. And no one carries out routine replacements. They do seem to last okay. I suspect the difference is that both ends of the flexi are properly supported, whereas the OP's system seems to use a flexi to hang a pipe from the tap, which must inevitably lead to increased strain.

OP: If you must use flexis, go to BES (online) and get one of their WRAS approved ones. Reasonable quality for a reasonable price. If you will buy cheap, unapproved products from the likes of Amazon, please bear in mind they are illegal to install anyway (although prosecution is probably reasonably unlikely, for the sake of the quality of the drinking water in the public network (and in your home), don't put drinking water into contact with unapproved materials). EDIT - I'm not talking about the taps, which, being Bristan, will be fine.

Unfortunately Ric, WRAS approval does NOT indicate 'fitness for purpose' or any form of 'quality' as we, or a user, would mean.
WRAS approval is simply testing that the NON METALLIC elements used in its construction do not contaminate the supply.
Genuinely, 90+% of the time it's the same sh1te inner hose used as the cheaper ones but they just don't pay stupid sums for 4 letters to mean NOTHING. They still break down after a few years!

If you want quality & reliability then have to have the hoses made.

Reply to Replacing basin tap but flexible pipe to replace in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock