Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Replacing stop cock, which size in the Valves & Taps area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. 1animal1

1animal1 Member

Hi, I am looking to change my stop cock to a 22mm version. I am currently getting everything ready for my unvented system and figured I'd get this done whilst I've got the floor up downstairs re piping the bottom central heating ring.

The plan is to run the pipe into the adjacent garage which runs parallel with the hallway, so that I can line off to the necessary 15mm pipes going upstairs, and run to where the unvented will be situated at the back of the garage.

I presume the blue pipe in the picture is a standard 22mm and I'll need and compression stop cock?

Thanks

2. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

No picture

3. 1animal1

1animal1 Member

Just trying to upload, won't open up the upload feature on my phone

4. 1animal1

1animal1 Member

20170812_191816.jpg

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Its MDPE so wont be 22mm
    Are you piping for a balanced cold?

Nice ballofix valve :rolleyes:

6. 1animal1

1animal1 Member

Not sure what you mean by balanced?

That's the only main into the house. Wanting to convert to 22mm as had read you need 22mm for unvented systems?

Guessing this will be 20mm mdpe given the relative size to the 15mm

It's a right mess isn't it :D I tried to tidy it up without repiping when refitting the downstairs toilet where it is situated. Knowing I'd have to take it all out again for the 22mm.. I was going to get my plumber to do that but figure I should be good if it's a simple compression fitting. That way it's all piped ready for the unvented install without me having to pull floors up again

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  7. 1Steven

1Steven Plumber GSR

Bag o ***** re plumb.

8. 1animal1

1animal1 Member

Googled it! And see what you're asking... Basically that the unvented is fed by the 22mm then all outputs balanced after the unvented? Presumably to ensure no one tap reduces flow on the rest

9. 1Steven

1Steven Plumber GSR

Don't forget you're double check valve and doc for starters

• Like Like x 1
  10. 1animal1

1animal1 Member

Doesn't all that get done with the unvented pipework?

Plan is, get the 22mm off the stop tap into the garage. T off to the upstairs bathrooms/current cylinder. Then T to the kitchen and downside loo running new closer lengths to where the unvented will be. When the unvented is ready to go, all can be repiped from within the garage making it easier all round.

Will this not work

11. Jones82

Jones82 Member

It will be either 20mm or 25mm mdpe, first thing to do is check your boundary stop cock works as you'll need to shut this off first to work on or before the stop cock inside the house.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 1animal1

1animal1 Member

Will do, thanks J.

13. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

14. 1animal1

1animal1 Member

Cheers Shaun... Any flaws in my plan to upscale to 22mm... About 7 metres to the unvented site

15. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

No disrespect 1 animal get your plumber to do all the pipework it looks easy but what your trying is a bit tricky cheers kop .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1