Search the forum,

Discuss Request for advice re a Trevi boost shower (stuck "clutch"). in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gezwinstanley

The volume control of my Tevi boost shower has stopped turning easily. It is now so difficult to turn off the cold supply that I'm turning that off via the isolation valve rather than the shower. It also takes many turns of the volume control to get the shower hot.
It doesn't seem to be the volume control handle either: I have replaced that and, though it helped for a while, we were back to square one after about a month. Removing the handle again, I can see the internal mechanism that the handle is meant to turn: what is called the “clutch”. That is extremely difficult to turn even with a pair of pliers.
My plumber won't touch it: as the shower is now approaching ten years old he says I should just get a new one, as the “seating” may have gone.
Any advice re any of the above?
Also, I have already bought a new “clutch”, that my plumber won't fit. I am a complete and utter plumbing newbie: an IT nerd by trade as I'm pretty ham fisted. Any advice about fitting the new clutch myself?
Thanks.

The “clutch” is part 14 in the diagram in the following pdf:
https://fastpart-spares.co.uk/downloads/Treviboost.pdf

These mixers are renowed for seizing up.
The only solution is to replace the cartridge I'm afraid.

These mixers are renowed for seizing up.
The only solution is to replace the cartridge I'm afraid.

Thanks for that. Sorry if this is a silly question, but which cartridge do you mean: the booster cartridge (part 20 in diagram, part number 096334800) or the two half inch cartridges (part 17 in diagram, part number 096164800)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Request for advice re a Trevi boost shower (stuck "clutch"). in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm removing a Trevi CTV but struggling removing the volume control handle. The temperature control knob is removed but I can't see how to remove the volume control handle. It won't budge. Does it just clip off?I Any help would be appreciated Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
R
My shower is controlled by what I think is a Trevi Hathaway Exposed Thermostatic Shower Valve L6800AA. The shower works fine but when I turn it to the off position it doesn’t shut off completely right away. I have to keep giving the handle an extra tweak until the flow eventually stops. Can...
Replies
Views
RobLanlwyd
R
My shower is controlled by what I think is a Trevi Hathaway Exposed Thermostatic Shower Valve L6800AA. The shower works fine but when I turn it to the off position it doesn’t shut off completely right away. I have to keep giving the handle an extra tweak until the flow eventually stops. Can...
Replies
Views
N
Hi, i'm looking for some advice on improving the performance of my electric shower as it frequently fluctuates in temperature and flow. The 8.5kw shower was installed in April so is fairly new, the property however is a terraced house with 1.6 bar water pressure at the stopcock, any kind of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock