Search the forum,

Discuss Request for help to source 14 to 15mm pipe connector / reducer / joint please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 89766

I have a gas heating system in an 18 year old apartment block in the UK with concrete floors and would like to change and move the radiators but my plumber tells me he can't obtain the correct joints to match the 14mm pipe.

One of them was leaking a little and I removed and tapped it up only to discover an odd looking olive with an inner sleeve which I'd (stupidly) ommitted to refit. There was a fitting coming down from the lock shield valve when I removed it but I was worried about disturbing it further to inpect it that I just left it. In hindsight now I should have taken an image of it.

The pipe has 'wirsbo evalpex 14 x 2.0' printed on it and it seems to be around 14.5mm in diameter.

Could anyone please advise if there is a reducer / increaser or other solution to allow me to connect 15mm new pipe to this old 14mm pipe.

I've posted a similar question on the forum recently but for some reason it has been removed at https://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/...-pipes-and-joints-for-central-heating.100564/
IMG_20180109_151215.jpg
IMG_20180109_151245.jpg
IMG_20180118_163957.jpg
IMG_20180118_165106.jpg
IMG_20180118_165248.jpg
IMG_20180118_185934.jpg

Thanks snowhead, the only problem is that at over £8 / fitting + delivery charge this is going to prove very expensive. Are there any other options please?

re pipe thats it sorry to say

This is the sleeve my plumber eventually got hold off to fit the 14mm pipe. They cost around £4 each but I've no idea where he sourced it. It goes inside the plastic pipe and the 15mm compression joint compresses it. Hope this helps someone else and thanks to everyone for advice.
sleeve.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Request for help to source 14 to 15mm pipe connector / reducer / joint please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Here are some similar plumbing topics

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock