Search the forum,

Discuss Rinnai Boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone
My Pottertn Suprima 40 is now 18 years old a I am looking around. Someone told me about Rinna Infiniy 16 i gas water heater.
A member of this forum said they are streets ahead of WB, Baxi etc, however when I looked at ERP comparison, The Rinnai is 78.9% efficient compared to my Potterton 78.5%, but A rated whilst Potterton is D rated. I think I am not reading these properly. Can you guys tell me what you think of the Rinnai products

I have a 2 bed flat, use 5000KHW of gas a year (electri hobs and oven). I mainly need hot water for central heating 2-3 hour a day on average, and for one shower. At present I have a hot water tank and a cold one. Sadly pressure is crap in the shower and I need to turn on the hot water tap at the basin and THEN turn on the shower mixer. PS: there is a RHP 50pump a the bottom of the water cylinder about 2-3m from the shower..but still the shower won't come on by itself and the plumber does not know why. Some neighbours have the same problem.

Finally, I was looking at changing the controls and I'd be grateful for some advice. I am hesitating between Drayton MiTime T710 pack 3 and the Honeywell sundial RF PAck 3. Should I change boiler, would either of these control work well with the new boiler? Any toughts on reliability of the Drayton vs Honeywell?

i'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination but the rinnai you mentioned will only do hot water i.e out of your taps, not heating. you need a combi boiler or system boiler and keep the hot cylinder.

i'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination but the rinnai you mentioned will only do hot water i.e out of your taps, not heating. you need a combi boiler or system boiler and keep the hot cylinder.

really? IT does not handle central heating? A work colleague had it in Australia and said it did both.
even more confused now

Rinnai make excellent water heaters (Made in Japan) not seen one that will do central heating ! sounds like you have a Fortic hot water tank, if you have good water flow & pressure fit a good combi boiler.

Not only that but Rinnaii are classified as commercial appliances by the manufacturer so domestic guys cannot work on them.

It also needs a dedicated control as supplied by Rinnaii.

i would be suprised if anyone in australia had central heating, they think wet heating systems are wizardry, they onlty do water heaters and they tend to be added onto the cylinder as back up in australia. also pretty mind blowing when you look inside one :teeth_smile: according to the site they now do domestic as well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rinnai Boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock