Search the forum,

Discuss Rookie DIY Mistake - Advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently refitted my bathroom which included a towel rail. I plumbed this in using a couple of JG speedfit braided hoses. Typically after I tiled this all in I noted on the packaging that this was not suitable for central heating and states a maximum heat rate of 65 degrees C.

The obvious thing to do would be to rip it out again and replace with the correct plumbing etc. However I want to do this as a last resort. The questions I have are as follows:

1 - I had my combi boiler on last night and the display screen showed that it was at 75 degrees C. I figured that by the time this got to the radiator it would have lowered a few degrees - am I correct in saying this? If so this would mean that the pipe would be less or near to the 65 degree threshold?

2 - If the boiler only runs at a maximum heat of 75 degrees I could turn it down or let it run at this temperature as the pipe is not going to deteriate at 66 degrees (the manufacture states 65 degrees however this would just be guidance - right?)

3 - The worst case scenario is that this pipe bursts, however if it was ok last night surely that would mean that it can withstand the extra heat going through the pipe?

As you can clearly see I have little to no understanding on central heating - but life is about learning... Any help would be gratefully appreciated..

Nope there not designed for heating system best to drain down and repipe in copper

Braided on the outside with a rubber tube inside Greg so one day it will burst.

If 75°C at boiler, it will be very close to that at radiator. Might lose a degree or two, but no more than that sadly.

Any claims on insurance would be very difficult if not impossible if the hose ever fails. They are often unreliable under ideal circumstances (I've been to countless floods and leaks because of flexi hoses) so I would not leave them in.

I understand why you don't want the hassle of redoing the pipework but as Harvest says, a bit of time now could save you from a right nightmare down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rookie DIY Mistake - Advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock