Search the forum,

Discuss Rothenberger rp30 problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
Just bought said product . Pressure test kit. Blanked off the end to have a go but it doesn't seem to be charging. Am I missing something.

close the brass thrumb screw

The brass screw is closed and when you say the non return valve do you mean the red leaver

Surely this can't be that difficult to work. It's just a pump. I think it might be broken

With water in the tank and the Red lever inline with the pipe does water come out of the hose?

All you need to do is close the brass thumb screw and pump to testing pressure then close red lever once you are at said testing pressure,

Leave for testing time and see if dropped

If no drop open red lever and open thumb screw to release pressure safely

If it doesn't do that unit is faulty / o rings have gone they do repair kits for these

Thumb screw below pressure gauge

Part no.21

Last edited:
needs water

You can buy an air test kit pretty cheap if you wanted to test with air prior to adding water!

I picked up the same rothenberger test pump a few years ago at a carboot for 5 quid, a bargain indeed but never used it yet!!?

Be careful when air testing, I think you can only test to 0.5 bar with air. Someone might correct me on this though.

Be careful when air testing, I think you can only test to 0.5 bar with air. Someone might correct me on this though.

no your right unless you have special permission and follow all the rules

no your right unless you have special permission and follow all the rules

Thought so, is it something to do with the way the air compresses when put under pressure so could do some serious damage if a joint or fitting blew?

Thought so, is it something to do with the way the air compresses when put under pressure so could do some serious damage if a joint or fitting blew?

yes just keeps compressing, give you an idea

17 litre tank pressurized to 150 psi (10 bar), the tank would store about 195 litres of air (about)

It's about stored energy. You can't compress the water you are using so pressure rises rapidly to test pressure once the system is full of water. With air you have to keep adding more and more air as the gas is compressed. This leads to a lot of stored energy and a failure on a fitting will release all the stored energy very quickly i.e. explosively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rothenberger rp30 problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

After some advice please. Recently bought some shower panels to have installed. However the installers must have missed installing the waterproof trim I bought as didn't use it? How much of a problem is this? I was told by another installer that it should be used as external seals are no where...
Replies
Views
On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in the safe zone . When I switch boiler off the next day it’s back in the red It could be one of the valves leaking . Can I take the loop off , which...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
Hello, A year ago I bought the Mapei Shower waterproofing kit from B&Q, the one that comes in a bucket and has the waterproofing material and the tape. Circumstances changed and I was not able to do the shower upgrade until now. I had a look at the bucket and see that the product seems to...
Replies
Views
A
I'm replacing the shower cartridge on my Bristan 1901 Thermostatic Exposed Dual Control Shower (Top Outlet). I have removed the cap and screw but the temperature handle won't come off. Am I missing something or does it just need more force?
Replies
Views
AlexTTT
A
I'm looking at the above, hoping it will be a good all-purpose tool for repairing our 2 megawatt furnaces. I'm a bit unsure if I need any of the options on it, I don't want to overcomplicate things, but don't want to miss anything out I want to use it for pressure testing and leak testing too...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock